Joy Crews Lubeck is dedicated to creating positive, sustainable and systemic impact in partnership with organizational leaders in service of a better world.
Joy is an executive and team leadership coach/workshop facilitator- serving both for-profit and non-profit global organizations. Her passion is to accelerate the growth of 21st century leaders and teams in order to drive systemic and sustainable change at the enterprise-wide level and society at large.
Joy believes that leadership begins with self! Her coaching philosophy is based on developing expanded self-awareness (the #1 predictor of executive success and life fulfillment). She is passionate about developing increased capacity to live and lead in ever-growing presence in order for leaders to make intentional choices which support their key imperatives.
Joy partners with recognized global organizations, helping them to achieve their leadership development and talent management goals with a results and metrics-focused approach resulting in impactful outcomes for her clients, including:
- Individual and team peak performance
- Improved relationships to accelerate trust and collaboration
- Overall well-being and mental fitness
She has been a successful Vice President as a non-profit professional with P&L responsibilities in the millions, with substantial experience in business strategy, business development, volunteer leadership engagement, board governance, fund raising and marketing
Past Successes & Work History
Joy has enjoyed a successful career as a Vice President of Executive Education at Thunderbird School of Global Management, where she worked with for-profit clients such as American Express, Boeing, Grupo Alfa, Chase Card Services, Intel China, and Cisco collaborating on the design and delivery of powerful executive development learning engagements. In the non-profit sector, key clients served include the IFRC, World Wildlife Fund, The Global Fund, UNICEF, ProMujer, Acumen Fund and ASHOKA, among many others.
Previously, she was Vice President of Thunderbird’s Alumni Relations where she successfully globalized the Thunderbird Alumni Network, comprised of over 40,000 highly mobile individuals within 140 countries working in 15,000 corporations worldwide. She also served as a corporate foundation relations officer and major gifts officer at Thunderbird, contributing to the success of two capital campaigns.
Joy also served as the Executive Director of the Phoenix Bach Choir (now the Phoenix Chorale), leading the organization from a community to professional vocal ensemble, now a 3-time award winning Grammy choir.
Joy serves on the Thunderbird Global Alumni Network Advisory Board supporting the Dean and Thunderbird community in support of its mission which is to educate global leaders who create sustainable and equitable prosperity world-wide.
Joy also currently serves as an Arizona State Co-Coordinator for Braver Angels, a grass-roots volunteer organization committed to the depolarization of America by finding common ground through civil discourse.
Joy has a commitment to some pro bono coaching and offers her leadership coaching expertise in service to the Humanitarian Coaching Network (which supports UNOPS) and United for Growth (ICF Arizona). She has served as a coach/mentor for the Thunderbird Dreamcatchers Program, in collaboration with Freeport McMoran. Joy also served as a mentor in Thunderbird’s Project Artemis: The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women Program.
Education & Certifications
Joy earned a Global MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management (with an emphasis in Marketing). Her undergraduate degree is from Bowling Green State University (with a double major in German and Spanish and a minor in Piano). She has lived and worked in Austria, Spain, and Italy, as well as having traveled throughout the world serving her diverse client base.
In 2018, Joy earned the coveted designation of Certified Presence-Based© Coach under the thought leadership of the late Doug Silsbee and Beatrice Hanson. She also earned her Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential in 2019 with the International Coach Federation (ICF), renewed in March 2022.
In the spirit of life-long learning, Joy is committed to ongoing coursework and certifications to support her personal and professional mastery.
Other Certifications and Coursework
- Enneagram Tools4Teams, IEQ9, February 2022, Certified
- Enneagram Level 1, IEQ9, June, 2021, Certified
- Systemic Team Coaching (Dr. Peter Hawkins, Renewal Associates, 2020)- Certified
- Enhanced Narrative Coaching (WBECS, David Drake, 2019)- Certified
- 20/20 Awareness Index (Executive Core, 2019)- Certified
- Cultural Navigator/Cultural Orientation Approach (COA- through TMC, A Berlitz Company, 2013)- Certified
- Leadership Versatility Index (LVI- through Kaplan Devries, 2012)- Certified
- Hogan Personality Assessments (Hogan, 2015)- Certified
- Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching (2013)- Certified
- Executive Education Workshop Facilitator (through Development Dimensions International, 2013)- Certified
- The Thinking Partnership Course, Nancy Kline, April 2022
- PQ (Positive Intelligence (Shirzad Chamine, 2021)
- U-Lab, U-Lab2; The Presencing Institute (Otto Scharmer) 2020 and 2021
- Coaching Supervision, Humanitarian Coaching Network- 2020 and 2021
- Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression Course, HCN- 2020
- The Neuroscience of Change (Coaches Rising, 2020)
- Mindfulness Training with The Human Potential Institute (Rod Francis, 2019)
- C-IQ (Conversational Intelligence with Judith Glaser, WBECS, 2019
Joy speaks Spanish and Italian at highly proficient levels and German conversationally.
Joy has two grown sons, three beautiful grandchildren and resides in Glendale, Arizona with her husband.